Madison and Luke had a teacher workday today since it was the end of the nine week grading period. Alex still had preschool, but we decided to have a Halloween party with some of the neighborhood kids this afternoon.
Peter Pan was off to preschool.
For the party, Madison made these haystacks by herself from the Paul Dean Kids' Cookbook. She really enjoyed her first solo baking project.
My neighbor, Amy, made this ghost cupcake display. I thought she did a great job.
My neighbor, Davina, made these ghost cookies. Now, I'm not a huge fan of Nutter Butters, but man, these were awesome!!!
Here are seven of the 16 kids we had at the party. Five moms and 16 kids!!
The YUMMY food!
Crafts
Make your own ghost with marshmallows
It was a lot of fun, and overall, the kids did well. We did have our moments of insanity. I would be lying if I said it was blissful with 16 kids in the house :) Thank goodness the wind and rain from Hurricane Sany had moved on.
This afternoon...pumpkin carving
Luke loved it.
The kids said I was their witch, so here we all are. Edward took the kids out trick-or-treating, while I stayed home to hand out candy. This year was SOOOO much better than last. First, Edward was home! Secondly, it wasn't pouring down rain as it was last year. The kids enjoyed themselves so much.
They loved their theme costumes and seriously started talking about next year's costumes while in the car yesterday.
How fun to have a Halloween party during the day. Glad that you guys and your neighbors had a nice time!
ReplyDelete