Grandpa lived a long life. He served as an officer in the Navy during WWII, and I can remember as a kid seeing some of the cool things he picked up while off at war. Funny, I remember thinking as a kid, I didn't know how anyone could send their loved one off to war, and look where I am today...
Grandpa was a jeweler. I will always remember his making earrings and such for my sister and me. Often, as kids, we received "pieces" to jewelry for our birthdays and Christmas, which might seem weird, but over the years, the pieces all were strung together to make whatever he was going to make. He used to joke about sleeping in my bedroom when he visited because I had a canopy bed, and he would say that he was glad he wouldn't get wet from any rain.
Rest in Peace, Grandpa.
I stole this picture off of my sister's blog. Thanks, Mer. This photo would have been taken 11 years ago, at our grandma's funeral. That was the other side of the family (dad's mom), and Grandpa was our mom's dad. This was the property where we grew up in Ohio.
No comments:
Post a Comment