Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fayetteville Botanical Gardens

Friday morning, the day after Thanksgiving, my mother-in-law and I took the kids to the botanical gardens.  It was a beautiful day, and I had learned about a huge bug exhibit they have going on through the end of the year.  We had a great time with fantastic weather.

When we arrived, we were told they had bug arts adn crafts in the education room.  The kids made a quick dash for that.  Alex is creating his bug mask.


We were the only ones in there, so it was a nice, relaxing time.

I hadn't been to the gardens in about four years.  They've remodeled it a lot and even built a huge visitor center.


Madison found a cactus.

 Posing with Nana



Here's one of the bugs on display, a grasshopper.  The gardens did a great job with these displays.  They looked so natural and were very, very cool.


The bugs were mixed in with their Christmas decorations.


 Huge eyeglasses



The huge spiderweb was a very cool sculpture.



 The kids found "deer to tell Daddy about."




The ants marching along


 Luke loved the ants.



 More cactus



Alex found the only mailbox there, shocking.


You can get an idea of the size.  These were huge.






Beautiful Fall





The gardens were beautiful, and I really liked how they renovated.




Praying Mantis


I tried to get the boys in the picture too, but they didnt' want to leave the praying mantis.



 This is especially for Edward.  I'm standing in the old dirt parking lot, and this is the new building.  I told you it was very, very different!

We will definitely go back, maybe before the bug exhibit leaves.  We had a great visit.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so different from the last time I was there also! And...I have that exact same picture of my kids inside the giant glasses. They also went with their grandma- how fun!

    ReplyDelete