Happy Thanksgiving! My flock of turkeys have had a good day. Edward is working in the ER, so we're going to have our turkey dinner tomorrow. Today has been full of baking (and eating).

Madison has been studying the pilgrims at school, so we made pilgrim hats.


Today, she assisted me in the kitchen with the apple pie. She seemed to be happy with her role as taste-tester.

Luke actually took this picture of our matching aprons.

Madison took this one. Notice we are all in JEANS!!! It's "only" 60 degrees here today, a very cool day for us!

The apple pie...



Can't wait to eat it.

My neighbor, Kellie, borrowed my food processor last night while I took Madison and her daughter to dance class. When I got home with the girls, she had made salsa. Good deal in my opinion...borrow a gadet and get yummy salsa in return. This has been my Thanksgiving meal today. I've been munching on it all day as I've been baking.

Madison made "Thankful" hats at school. The kids had to write out, "I am thankful for..." and then fill in the end of the sentence. Madison's says, "I am thankful for Mom." So sweet!

Little man was around. He was napping during the pie baking.


Luke just enjoyed sampling apples and checking on the oven's progress. He's waiting for the cinnamon roll to cool off right now.
I hope everyone has a very blessed day. I am so thanful for the beautiful, healthy family I have.
And, my thoughts today are with my dear friend and college roommate, Jenn, whose dad passed away last night. He was a really nice man and will be missed. Jenn, you and your family are in our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment