Day 1-All ready to go. His uniform looks so great.
He spent one day here, adjacent to the White House (it's on the property, and it is very, very secure).
I had the days free, so I played tourist. Edward was just to the left of the White House in the above building for his meetings.
Close up shot
They had a bad winter storm a couple days prior, and everything had snow piles/ice.
When we visited my brother this past summer, the scaffolding covered the whole building, so this is progress!
Iced over
The FDR Memorial is one of my favorites to see. I have always liked all of his quotes, written throughout the memorial.
The MLK Memorial was a new one for me.
This is another of my favorites, the Korean War Memorial.
Still sightseeing alone :)
No water in the National Mall
Madison LOVES studying Lincoln, so when we walked by this, down from our hotel, I knew she would want to see a picture. Someday, we'll take her inside on the tour.
Day 2-Edward had to wear a suit instead. Here, he's sporting his brand new suit because when you are in the Army, do you really need a lot of suits when your Dress Blues work for most everything?
Great trip to DC! It was stressful with everything Edward was doing, but overall, it worked out really well.


























No comments:
Post a Comment