Monday, April 7, 2014

Luke's Room

Luke's room needed the most work for a few reasons. It had been Madison's room, so I had to paint over the purple to create a blue room. All of Madison's things had to be cleared out for Luke, and the biggest problem was the closet. It was never setup correctly by the builder, so this seemed like the perfect time to fix it. 
The before as I emptied the closet...the main problem was the set of closet rods. The bottom one is so low that even kids' clothing hangs on the floor, which doesn't allow for you to put any shoes on the floor. The closet loses space too because the a/c outtake is on the backside of this wall , cutting into the closet space. Something had to be done!

In progress-I ripped out all the shelving, and as expected, the drywall screws left some big holes, so I spent a few days mudding/filling in the screws.

A couple days later, I was able to paint the  closet.
By the next weekend, Edward was home and was able to help. He put up the closet system that has made a HUGE difference! I am so glad I ordered it.
So much better! Thanks to this, there is plenty of room everywhere, and the shoes can finally be seen on the floor. No hanging door shoe rack is needed anymore .
The finished room after I cleaned out, painted, and decorated.


Luke is so excited to have his karate kick bag in his room now.

No comments:

Post a Comment