One thing I really enjoyed about our visit was being able to see some great friends. Kellie and I got together on her birthday and twice for dinner with the guys . Her husband was the nurse in Yuma for Edward, and they lived across the street from us. We spent a lot of time together with our kids, attending Bible Study together , and even eating desserts in the street between our homes :) One of the best things about the Army is meeting some wonderful people, and Kellie is definitely one of them. She is a dear friend, and I am so glad we could spend so much time together.

I spent a full day with my childhood friend, Carin. We met when we were 10 as part of a pen pal project. Carin lived on the town my family stayed on each summer in Maine. Through the years, I would always see Carin on our annual trip to Maine. We kept up with technology in college and moved to emails. We loved being closer when I loved in Arizona. Now, 3,000 miles separate us, but we had so much fun catching up. A bonus was that her mom was visiting from Florida, and it was so great to see her too.
We had to stop for treats at Ghiradelli!
We had a great day, and I am so glad we had the chance to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment