Sunday, November 11, 2012

North Carolina Zoo

Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day here in North Carolina, one of the prettiest days we've had in a long time. My sister and I spoke early on last week and said we would plan a zoo trip if the weekend looked nice.  I don't think the weather could have been nicer.
 
 Here's our zoo crew for the day-my three along with Cousin Alaina.


 Flash was spotted at the zoo.



The colors at the zoo were beautiful.  I think it really helped that we got a cold snap for several days prior to this; all the leaves were in full color.



Oh yeah, we did see some zoo animals while at the zoo  :)  The kids loved the giraffes the most, followed by the bears and alligators.  My kids LOVE the river otters, and they weren't out yesterday.  We're also anxiously awaiting the polar bear return, as they are away while their facility is being renovated.


The carousel was a huge hit, and each kid enjoyed picking out their animal to ride.  Alex, I mean Flash, was delighted to get a "Clemson Tiger" as he said.


Madison wanted a cheetah, and Alaina wanted an elephant.  I didn't get any pictures during the ride, but Madison and Alaina spent most of the time holding hands; it was so sweet.  All three of my kids LOVE Alaina. 


Luke wanted a cheetah too because "they are the fastest animal."



Taking a short break after a lot of heavy walking-The zoo was very crowded due to the nice weather so it was hard to see some of the animals and even hard at times to walk anywhere.  Hopefully, our next trip won't be so crowded.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Madison got a "Huffman" pose with her face hidden behind a tree. Clay would be proud.

    ReplyDelete