Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Butterfly Princess Birthday Party

Madison's 6th Birthday is one month from today, June 8. Since we will be driving across country on her birthday, we wanted to let her celebrate her birthday prior to moving. This year, she asked for a "Girl Only" party with friends from school and our neighborhood. So, yesterday afternoon, we had 12 little girls running around the house. Well, I had 12 little girls running around. Edward took the boys to the pool to get out of the house.


All ready for the Butterfly Princess Party! Madison asked for that theme, and she also asked that we serve lunch consisting of sub sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit salad, Doritos, Fritos, and Rice Krispie treats. The menu turned out to be a big hit, as the kids loved the sandwiches I made. Madison was delighted with the food.



Just before partytime...Madison even had a new butterfly dress to wear.




Luke wanted in a picture before heading off to the pool.




The butterfly cake




All the little girls




Crafts-After the girls ate, they wanted to do crafts, so we had foam butterflies and wands to decorate.







Presents!





Madison and pal, Caroline, from our church





Kayli (school friend and neighbor) and Madison





Cake Time!












I didn't get many pictures from the presents because she tore through them! She really wanted "art stuff" and got a lot of it. Thanks to her sweet friends who came and for all of their nice presents. Madison had tutus and butterfly wings as take-home gifts for each of her friends. She also gave them a photo card with her new address so they can keep in touch. She told me she loved her party, and I'm just glad she was able to enjoy time with her friends before we move.



1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I can't believe how old Madison is getting... she looks so big!

    ReplyDelete