Madison had her first substitute teacher today. Yesterday, when I picked her up, she told me she didn't want to go to school today because her teacher wouldn't be there. I told her substitutes could be a lot of fun, and that she would still have a good day. She wasn't convinced. I finally convinced her to TRY school today because I said there were some very funny teachers out there and told her she could get a teacher like Aunt Mer. That made it all better, and she was willing to try the substitute.
Well, when I picked her up today, I waited until their classroom door opened to see a nice grandmotherly type at the door. All the kids were all smiles, and Madison reported she had a great day. The teacher looked really nice, and Madison told me she couldn't wait until next Thursday because the same substitute was going to be in music class.
Thanks to a great sub for reassuring Madison and 17 other kindergartners today that sometimes, it's okay when your teacher isn't there. And, thanks to her teacher for the heads up that today, while different, would be a good day.
And Then We Laughed
8 years ago
Ahhh, I'm glad I was able to help even though I didn't do anything. :-) My kids had a sub a few weeks ago when I was at training and when I returned I got a lot of hugs and they wanted me to promise I would never be out again. I don't think they had the sweet, grandma type. :-)
ReplyDelete